Africa is one of the most beautiful continents to visit in the world. The continent has beautiful landscapes and wonderful wildlife that you will enjoy while visiting the continent. There are many tribes in Africa with each tribe speaking their own language. Majority of the natives also understand and speak English.
While taking a trip through Africa, it is advisable to take a guided tour instead of visiting the places by yourself. While traveling to Africa, it is prudent to wear trousers and long sleeved shirts to avoid sun burns and mosquito bites.
To farther protect yourself from mosquito bites, consider using mosquito repellents and sleep under treated mosquito nets. Mosquito bites cause Malaria. Therefore, before visiting Africa, you should be vaccinated against malaria. A travel to Africa will give you special and unique travel experiences.
While planning a trip to Africa, you should research on the pills you need to take as well as the vaccines required before leaving. For instance if you are travelling in malaria prone regions, there are certain important prescriptions pills that you need to take before you go to Africa. Vaccines are important because they keep you safe from contracting diseases that could be life threatening.
While taking a travel in Africa, it is important to ensure that you are safe. There are some regions that are not safe places to travel in Africa for tourists. In some of these places, tourists are usually targeted for petty crime. While traveling in Africa avoid secluded places and avoid walking alone especially when visiting deserted rural areas.
Most cities in African countries are safe for tourists. However, you need to check with the embassy on the current political situation of the city or region you are planning to travelling in Africa. While choosing the countries to visit in Africa, avoid the countries that have conflicts for your own safety.
Also, when planning an African trip, ensure that you insure the valuable that you will be travelling with against theft. Keep your travel documents on you and avoid carrying lump sum amounts of cash and other valuables such as jewelries.
Africa being the second largest continent is a great place to enjoy your vacation. Choosing where to travel in Africa depends on the purpose of your travel and your choice of what to do in Africa. Some travelers taking an African travel may do it for exploration and hiking.
Therefore, if you are traveling to Africa for adventure and exploration, the choice of where to visit in Africa should be a country that has beautiful place for adventure. Some African countries are very big. Exploring countries like Nigeria, Ghana and South Africa would take you more than a month.
How to get to Africa is not a major problem as there are many airlines that fly to Africa daily. Most of the best countries in Africa to visit have international airports where most flights land and take off from the countries.
South Africa is a country in Africa that attracts millions of tourists across the globe every year. It is one of the best countries to visit in Africa. There are many in South Africa. The best time to travel to South Africa depends on your interests and the purpose of your travel.
There are many activities that you can indulge in while visiting South Africa. For instance, you could be taking a travel to South Africa to view the diverse wildlife or to have fun at the beach.
The best time to visit South Africa when your main interest is to view the wildlife is during the dry season which occurs from May to September. During this time, it is easier to spot the wildlife because the animals gather along waterholes and rivers due to the decreased vegetation. Also, during this time, there is little or no rain hence fewer mosquitoes and the parks are also not crowded.
South Africa is one of the best African countries with beautiful beaches. The best time to visit Cape Town beach is between November and March. During this time, the weather is hot and makes it an ideal time to visit the beach.
Botswana is one of the best African countries to visit. It is home to the famous Okavango delta. The Okavango delta is major tourist attraction not only in Botswana but also in Africa. The Okavango delta is habitat to many wildlife animal species. Animals found in Okavango delta include buffalos, zebras, elephants and warthogs. Being a wetland, Okavango delta is home to many hippos and crocodiles.
While preparing for trips to Africa, you should ensure that
- Your passport will be valid at the time you will be going to Africa. If not, you should renew your passport before travelling to Africa.
- You should check that you have travel insurance for the Africa trip. The travel insurance should cover theft, lost luggage and emergency medical evacuation in case you get sick.
- You should book flights, tour guides, and prior to the travelling date. When you plan to travel Africa you should search for online booking engines which will assist you in finding cheap flights to Africa. There are several travel agents that specialize in flights to Africa for travelers looking for Africa travel.
- The best time to plan a trip to Africa is a month or two prior to the travel dates. During this time, most travel agents offer huge discounts on flights to Africa. If you get these discounts, you will save more money that you can use on your trip to visit some of the best places to travel in Africa.
- You should look for a tour operator. The best and easiest way to tour most of the best places to go in Africa is by using tour operator’s services. Tour operators can be found by searching the internet through travel websites. To avoid last minute rush, you should start searching for the tour operators at least three months before the traveling date.
- You should ensure that you have taken all the necessary vaccinations as needed by the country you will be traveling to. Visit your doctor two months before the travelling date to Africa. This will give you enough time to complete prescribed medicine doses if there are any.
- You should organize for airport transfers. You should organize for a taxi to pick you up after arriving at your destination in Africa. You can also book through major travel websites. Car rentals are a good choice if you are on a business trip and you will be traveling through the cities.
- You should ensure that you have enough money for your travel around the African country you have visited. The money should also be enough to book hotel accommodation while on your vacation in Africa. Also check which credit card and at facilities are available at your destination.
- You should search information about any disease outbreaks in the region or political stability of the country before traveling. Once you collect adequate information about these, take the necessary precautions before travelling to the country.
Before traveling to any African country, you should learn about the African county’s politics, culture, social and health issues. You can get information about Africans country’s culture, politics or health issues by searching the internet.